COVID-19 and League Update

Posted by Lake Simcoe Minor Softball Association on Apr 06 2020 at 10:09AM PDT

Fellow softballers,

While I’m sure you have more questions than we have answers for at the moment, we’ll let you know what we do know for sure.
The Town of Georgina has issued a directive that all Town facilities will be closed until at least June 30th.

This means that the remainder of our scheduled in-person registrations have been cancelled and that our season will not begin mid-May as originally planned.

We are working with the Town on a few alternative options that might see us play a half season, extend the season into the fall, hold a ‘fun’ weekend at the end of the summer or, as a last resort, cancel the entire season for this year. We realize these changes may affect the midget division and those players who would normally age-out this year. We are trying to find solutions for these issues as well. In order to determine if we have enough players to hold a modified season, we’re asking that if you haven’t already, please register on-line, ( player information only, no payment will be necessary at this time.
Also, any other events scheduled before the end of June have been put on hold – photo day, golf tournament, select tryouts, etc. We will let you know if and when these are rescheduled.

In the event that we have to shorten or cancel the entire season, refunds will be provided. If you are a sponsor, you will be given the choice of a refund or a holding of funds for next season.

We appreciate everyone’s understanding and hope that you are all staying safe and healthy.

The Executive, LSMSA